In Board Training
In-Board Training is a great way for your dog to get a jump-start on manners training.
Instead of just putting your dog in a kennel, why not return home to a dog with better manners?
Our Board and Train Program is Available in Raleigh with staffing 24/7/365!
New Clients Please Book an In-Board Meet & Greet or an In-Home Consultation to get started!
Existing Clients please feel free to book your in-board training using your PetExec log-in.
Please fill out the In-Board Profile Form and In-Board Contract bring them with you each time when you drop your dog off. Payment can also be made at the time of drop-off.
Drop-off and Pick-up times:
Drop-off – 8:00-9:30 am
Pick-up – 4:00-6:00 pm Monday-Friday and 2:00-5:00 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
Address: 8411 Garvey Drive, Raleigh, NC (Suite 129)
Our In-Board Training is one of the very few in the state that does not use punishment methods (like choke collars, shock collars and prong collars), which have been shown to not only cause physical damage but have been shown to cause emotional damage and escalate aggressive behavior. Shock collars have been outlawed in many other countries because they are considered inhumane. Teamworks is a proud member of the Shock-Free Coalition of Dog Trainers, as well as the Force-Free Alliance of Carolina Trainers.
Teamworks Dog Training is a positive-reinforcement training facility. We will treat your dog like a member of our own family. Your dog will learn in a humane, positive, fun environment. We are proud of our methodology, so you will see videos not just of the “end” behavior, but of daily training sessions, so you can repeat the training at home. Most importantly, you will see your dog’s tail wagging as they learn.
In-Board Training is a Great way to Improve:
- Leash manners
- Table manners
- Come when called
- Greet people without jumping up
- Pass other dogs without over-reacting
- Accepting grooming
- Confidence building
- Distraction training
- Separation anxiety problems
- Puppy agility skills
- Therapy Dog skills
Our Raleigh location Board & Train program is staffed 24/7/365.
However, if our trainers are not able to get to the Raleigh building due to inclement weather, we will provide boarding-only services and clients will be credited $10 / session for missed training sessions.
(A caretaker will still be at the Raleigh facility 24/7/365, regardless of the weather.)
- Dog should be at least 12 weeks of age.
- Dog must have completed all vaccinations, including DHPP, rabies, canine influenza and kennel cough. (Titers are accepted for DHPP only.)
- Dog must be currently on flea, tick, and heartworm preventative.
- Dog must not have any aggression issues towards people and should be comfortable being petted by strangers*.
- Dog should not bite, bark, lunge, or growl at strangers. *
- Dog should not have a bite history with other dogs. *
- Dog needs to go willingly into a crate*.
- Dogs must live indoors at their home. No outdoor-only dogs.
- Dog should be house trained*.
- Female dogs in heat or about to go into heat will not be accepted. Dogs that go into heat during a stay will be transferred to a veterinary boarding facility of the owner’s choice.
- Clients new to Teamworks must begin with a Meet and Greet (for behaviorally healthy dogs) or an In-Home Consultation for dogs in need of behavior modification. Current Teamworks clients with dogs that have taken a Teamworks class (Puppy, Class, Puppy Confidence Class, Canine Good Citizen , Distraction Proofing, or other class for behaviorally healthy dogs) are eligible to board without having a Meet & Greet or an In-Home Consultation first. Dogs who have taken the Fearful Fidos, Reactive Dogs, or Leash Manners & Polite Greetings Class MUST have a Meet & Greet appointment before boarding.
- Refresher sessions are available for any length of time.
- Visits by family members can be arranged by appointment only.
*Please see our in-home consultations for these behavior problems.
Jenny Gough, Remy Metzger, Amanda Dougherty, Joe Butters, Liz Hathcock, Kee Matusek, Abby Grothoff, Robin Petersen
Carson Jefferson; Joe Butters, Kee Matusek
Sandy George, Michele B, Gabi Wladyka, Carson Jefferson
High Energy Board & Train 30-day Package
$1400 for 30 days of training with two sessions and one play session per day
(Includes initial Meet & Greet), Gentle Leader or Easy Walk harness, & a free group class as a follow up session. Your dog gets two training sessions per day, plus a group play session, 24/7/365 care & feeding, complimentary baths as needed.
You will receive videos of your dog’s training sessions in a DropBox folder, as well as a link to an online report.
All long-coated dogs should have a professional grooming appointment before the 30-day stay.
High Energy Board & Train -Any Number of Nights
$65 per night
Your dog gets two training sessions per day, plus a group play session, 24/7/365 care & feeding, complimentary baths as needed. You will receive videos of your dog’s training sessions in a DropBox folder, as well as a link to an online report.
Manners Maintenance Board & Train -Any Number of Nights
$55 per night
Your dog gets one training session per day, plus a group play session, 24/7/365 care & feeding, complimentary baths as needed. You will receive videos of your dog’s training sessions in a DropBox folder, as well as a link to an online report.
Stay & Play (No Training Sessions)
$45 per night
Includes a group play session, 24/7/365 care & feeding, complimentary baths as needed.
Board & Train and Stay & Play daily rates available only to Teamworks clients who have taken a group class, had an In-Home Consultation, or have a dog in our Doggie Day school.
Board and Train: Drop-offs will be accepted from 8:00-9:30 am and 4:00-6:00 pm Monday-Friday. Saturday and Sunday drop-offs and pick-ups will be from 2:00-5:00 pm only.
Non-Teamworks clients must book a meet and greet to have their dog approved.
Owners that cancel a reservation less than 72 hours before the reservation will be charged a $20 cancellation fee.
$5.00 Discount: Per dog, per night for more than one dog from the same household staying at the same time. (High Energy Board & Train only)
$5.00 Discount: Per dog, per night for an overnight reservation of more than 7 consecutive days (High Energy Board & Train only)
- Credits will only be given for dogs in heat or sick dogs.
- If the trainer is unable to complete the promised number of sessions, credit will be given for future training.
- If the owner is unable to complete a one-month pre-paid package, the rate will be re-calculated based on the nightly rate.
Typical Day for an In-Board Dog: Weather-dependent and breed-dependent
6am-8am: First potty walk outside
8:00 am: Breakfast
8am-6pm: Outside walks on a rotating schedule. Dogs will go out at least every 3 hours. Training session(s) and a play session will occur either inside in training room or outside. Potty breaks occur before or after a training session.
6:00 pm: Dinner
8pm – 10pm: Last potty walk outside
In-Board Updates: We have an online blog where we record each day’s training activities: Teamworks Dog Training Blog
We video tape each session for you to see. You will get an invitation to a DropBox Folder to see your dog’s videos.
In-Board Training Videos!
- See Teamworks You Tube Videos!
- Typical Week 1 Exercise Sitting Politely Exercise
- Typical Week 4 Training Sessions
- Introduction to Stays & Station Training
- Polite Greetings
- How do we Know Which Dogs Your Dog Will Play Well With?
Sadie is adjusting well after her In-Board training. She actually did a down-stay the entire time we ate dinner last night. Amazing! My 5-year old summed it up best “Sadie seems gooder” : )
– J. Harlow
I just want to make sure you know how much I love and appreciate Teamworks. We have had Hershey for one year now, and I can honestly say we couldn’t have done it without you. Hershey is our very first dog, and other than reading a puppy book, we knew nothing. Casey and Jenny in particular have helped us so much through puppy classes and board and train learn how to love, teach, and care for our big, high energy dog. I am so at ease knowing he is well cared for when we are away, and love that we can learn from the videos and blog something that will make all of us have better experiences when we return. In class, I leave every week with information that makes life easier.
– Jennifer H.